23 August 2014

Project Monogamy

After my initial post back in May, I did finish a couple of projects:

The baby blanket, Seedling, I initially made for Bunny:
and I wove in the ends of a Wool Leaves blanket I started years ago:

I got them done in fairly short order and then started casting about for what else I could finish.

Going through my stash, I found quite a few knitting UFOs and really wanted to finish my Niome shawlette but have found that it requires more attention than I can spare. I'm up to the lovely beaded lace edging and beads + toddler & small baby = no good. I need to go back to my UFO bag and see if there is something more simple that is easier to pick up and put back down. These days, I'm lucky to get a whole 30 minutes to work on any one thing--its more like 10 minutes here, another 10 minutes there.

I did find a couple of things that need finishing but nothing is really calling to me. I have a ton of random sock yarn skeins and would love to have them turn into shawlettes but after my various fiascos, I'm a little hesitant to start a new one. I may just start another baby blanket to use up a yarn pack of Rowan's All Season Cotton that is languishing in my storage bin. I enjoy blankets and I can probably pick a pattern that doesn't require uninterrupted concentration. We'll see.

No comments: