28 November 2007

A little sparkle

I finished the sockees (finally) but I haven't taken photos. Needless to say, hubby wants them blocked and ready to wear. Soon my pretties...

For your viewing pleasure, here is some gorgeous tencel yarn from Just Our Yarn. It is the Almaza yarn in a bright orange/red-orange color (color TTT07-172 but its not on the site).



A little close-up:


I think it was overcast when I took the picture which gives a pretty true color but you can't really see the shine. Trust me, you just want to rub its silky softness against your cheek. This could be one of those skeins that is just beautiful to look at and pet.

I kept circling this yarn at Stitches East. I figure I'll use it for a scarf but really, I bought it because I couldn't resist it. Pam and I kept cruising by the booth and chatting it up with the ladies there. (They are funny and sweet and their yarn is absolutely fabulous. You should go check them out. There might be another yummy JOY yarn coming soon.)

No comments: