Moving on to the next one
I know that the Alpine Lace is languishing by the wayside, but I couldn't help myself. I had to start the Endpaper Mitts (by Eunny Jang).
I learned how to do a tubular cast on for this. It was difficult to understand at first because I couldn't get the video to work on my computer. However, once I got going it was pretty easy. I've already done 2 of the 3 repeats for Chart A and hope to start on the increases (Chart B) by tomorrow.
Progress to date:
In the wild, amongst the potted bougainvillea so you can see the colors a little better:
A close-up of the pattern:
I really liked the colors that were used in the original but did not actually set out to use such similar colors. I was trying to choose from among the many colors used in the Venezia sweater to test drive the wool (since I'd never used any Jamieson or shetland wool before) and to check out some of the colors used in the sweater. I wound up choosing two that looked like the ones in the original because it was hard to get a feel for what two colors would work well together from the little color snippets on the Two Swans order page. Although you can't tell in these pictures, the Yellow Ochre has these great flecks of color which give it sort of a tweedy effect on the cuff and really helps bring it together with the Peacock color. Also, I now have the color card so I can get more adventurous with color combinations if I do these again.
I'm pretty happy with how these are turning out and am looking forward to have a pair of mitts to model in the next week or so. Then maybe I'll go back to the lace...of course there was all that new sock yarn that I just bought...hehehe...