15 March 2008

Yarn diet out the window

So, I've decided I'm not going to Stitches East this year. Although very enjoyable, I think I'm ready for a new avenue. Well, it just so happens that the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival will occur the weekend I was planning on being in the area anyway. Is it me or is that a sign that I should go? Of course, I will be attending with the fabulous Pam, the very funny Amanda and I think I may even (finally) meet Cristi in person. It goes without saying, that first weekend of May will involve some serious yarn shopping.

Considering its already mid-March and I haven't really been swayed to break the diet, I thought waiting until May would be a no-brainer. However, I was tempted by the Yarnahoy sale. Her yarn is lovely and starting on March 17th she will shut down her shop for 2 months while she is in India. Even that alone was not enough to sway me. So why did I break down and buy yarn (and even some roving)? Because I am planning a blog contest!

I have never done a contest before so I'm thinking the easiest thing is to use a random number generator. The reason I'm having this contest is to bribe folks into making some donations for my fundraising efforts for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I'll figure out the details by the time the yarn arrives. Just wait until you see what I got for you.

1 comment:

Trillian42 said...

Ooh, I'm "fabulous"? :D

I cannot WAIT. We are going to have SO MUCH FUN.