19 May 2008

Bad Blogger

Um, yeah, its been a few days since I posted and I owed you some photos.

First, the nearly finished Baby Surprise Jacket:

EZ's Baby Surprise Jacket

When I seamed up the first sleeve, I went too far over and the neck opening was too small so I had to pull out the seam. This time I'm going to use safety pins to help me figure out the right spacing. I need to find buttons--what side should the buttons be on for a girl? I never know these rules... Since this isn't for anyone in particular now, I have time to find something perfect.

The yarn haul from MDS&W was modest. There was some Socks that Rock (mediumweight) in Lodestone and Ravenscroft:

Socks that Rock, mediumweight

Its hard to see but there is some green in that black:

Socks that Rock, mediumweight

I think that together they are destined to be a beautiful shawl. Its hard to tell from the pictures but the green hue in the black is picked up in the Lodestone (those parts that look kind of dirty are really a green color).

Socks that Rock, mediumweight

There was also some Worsted Weight (Russian American) yarn from Peace Fleece in Siberian Midnight:

Peace Fleece

Look at all that tweed-y goodness:
knit 005

The base is navy blue plied with a dark brown and then its got white, gray, and tan flecks. I'm thinking it might be the perfect Cobblestone yarn.

The Peace Fleece customer service was fabulous, just so you know. They only had 6 skeins left at the festival and I wanted 7 just to be sure I didn't run out of yarn. I paid for 7 at the festival and they shipped me (free of charge) the last skein. I can't wait to cast on.

Next time, how I succumbed to the call of crochet.

1 comment:

turtlegirl76 said...

Ooooh love that Peace fleece! Is it as soft as it looks?