13 May 2008

Crochet is calling

I'm almost finished with my Baby Surprise Jacket. Only one more ridge, the bindoff and I'm ready to put it all together. I love the colors and think it will make a great gift. Unfortunately, its intended recipient is already too big for it. (I guess I should have actually started this while the baby was still in the womb.) I didn't bother to swatch since I knew I wanted to make the pattern and I knew I wanted to use this yarn so I don't really care. Of course, it means I need to come up with another gift for the baby girl.

So I went to Maryland Sheep & Wool and did the abbreviated tour (I was only there on Sunday). I actually got to meet Casey and Jess of Ravelry fame. I showed some restraint and only came home with two skeins of Blue Moon Fiber's Socks that Rock and some beautiful tweedy wool from Peace Fleece--enough to make a Cobblestone sweater for hubby. (Well, in theory since we all know how often I actually finish a sweater for him.)

But what is most interesting about the whirlwind trip to the MD/DC area? I came back with a serious hankering to do some crochet. Honestly, I think its the STR--it is screaming to become a crocheted something. (Or maybe it was all the exposure to other crocheters like Carrie, Pam and newbie crocheter Christi.) Perhaps a Blue Curacao?

I'll finish up the BSJ tonight and then take pics of the FO and new yarn tomorrow.

1 comment:

turtlegirl76 said...

Oooh I don't think I'm ready for it yet but that Blue Curacao is GORGEOUS!