03 June 2008

For the love of ravelry

I know not everyone is on Ravelry or would care to be part of it, but it has saved my credit card from over use. Although I have bought yarn (for a good cause to be sure, but still) so my diet is a bust, I am trying very hard to stop myself from spontaneous/"must have now" purchases. I was cruising through some pattern pages and that, of course, leads to yarn pages and next thing I know I'm looking at yarn shops online. In fact, I was looking at some laceweight on a discount site when I remembered that I already had some of that yarn in my stash. I flip back to my stash page on Ravelry, and there it is--no need to get more. Phew! Because if I had bought said yarn, it would mean that I would have had to buy more just to get the free shipping. I mean, really, why not spend just a little over the shipping cost so there is something to show for that additional expense? (Yes, this is how the slippery slope of gratuitous yarn shopping happens.)

I've worked on the ABC afghan and finally finished the ribbing for some socks for my FIL but neither show any exciting progress. I'll work on them tonight so I have something to show for my time (other than leaving comments on everyone else's blogs).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the "free shipping" lure. heheheh I don't find that I'm any good at updating my stash on Ravelry. I'm such a procrastinator it never gets done.