08 March 2006

Quick post

OK, it was totally worth the money to take Genny to the doggie daycare place for the day. I was able to bring my mom to the house show her around without the pressure of doing the human-dog introduction. We picked the dog up together where the owner was able to mediate the meeting. My mom was very scared of my dog and didn't even want to get out of the car at first. It helped to have someone help me with the two of them. By the end of the evening, my mom was voluntarily petting Genny. I think this might work out after all.

There's still the issue of taking my mom all sorts of different places, but I think I can get her to take it easy for at least one day. I might even see if she wants to learn to knit. Then I might be able to talk her into driving out 45min. to hit the yarn store. Things are looking good. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

doggy daycare! When I was in high school I realllly wanted to open a doggy daycare when I "grew up". I still kinda do ;)

hope everything goes smoothly!

Trillian42 said...

Yay! Glad it's going well!

I'm still on yarn-and-chocolate alert, just in case, though. =)