13 March 2006

Survived the visit

It seems quiet without my mom to keep me company. She cut her visit a little short so she could spend a couple of days with my uncle before leaving. I was originally miffed that she changed the plans but it was probably better in the end. I think she was bored here and we don't find the same things entertaining. Big surprise, right? All in all, it was a good visit and she didn't hate my dog. Thanks to all of you for the moral support.

In knitting news, I finished Jessica #2 and just need to felt it.



Notice anything missing from the picture?

Using what was left of the yarn for the I-cord handles, this is what I got (those are letter-sized manila folders in the background for reference):



That's right, not enough yarn to complete the project! I know what I did wrong too--I kept knitting with both strands of yarn when I picked up the Fun Fur yarn. In fact, the first time through, I didn't have enough yarn to finish the purse itself. I had to start the finish rows early. I'll either have to buy handles at the craft store or buy more wool to make the handles.

In my obsession with my mom coming, I forgot to show off my new knitting toys.





I got the swift using a 50%-off coupon (woo-hoo!) from Joann and the Embellish Knit was a gift for testing Katydid's pattern.

Just for fun:

You Are Animal

A complete lunatic, you're operating on 100% animal instincts.
You thrive on uncontrolled energy, and you're downright scary.
But you sure can beat a good drum.
"Kill! Kill!"

1 comment:

chacha / Jen said...

Love the bag, even pre-felting and without handles. :) And yay, new toys!

Jen