21 April 2007

Almost FO

OK, so they are currently blocking, but otherwise the Endpaper Mitts are done. Check out the insides:



I didn't know what to do with the float when I hit the purl stitch so I just ran the yarn along the back. Still I think it looks cool.



Since hubby isn't here (working the weekend, boo), you'll have to make do with just a photo of the finished mitts.



Look a little closer:



Why yes, they do look ever so slightly different. I switched which color I held in which hand while I was doing the stranded work and it makes the yellow ochre color stand out more on the second mitt. I guess its a good thing I ran out of yarn, now the fact that the ribbing at the thumb and fingers alternates looks like I did it on purpose. Even though they are different, I like them and I'm hoping the lucky recipient will like them too.

I also started on a sock. Just the plain socks according to the Yarn Harlot's recipe.



Unfortunately, the fabric is looser than I would like so I have already frogged this bit and need to start again with size 1 needles. (The pic shows the beginnings of a sock using Sweet Georgia yarn in Stillwater and size 2 needles.)

2 comments:

twig said...

The mitts look fantastic. You did a great job on them.

chamomile said...

Great work on the mitts. Gorgeous!