I guess they are more like toe cozies at this point.
Close-up (you can just barely see the beginnings of a pattern):
The lace pattern is really easy so I only have to glance at the chart every once in a while to figure out where I am. Although I attempted to start with the Figure 8 cast on, it didn't look right and I couldn't get both socks started at once (I had to work a few rows of knitting before it felt stable enough to do the cast on for the second sock). I wound up frogging it and doing it over using the Magic cast on instead. It worked pretty well and I could start both at the same time. I can tell where I started since it seems to poke out a little there but I think after blocking you won't be able to tell.
The cables on these needles are annoying, they keep getting in the way as you can see in the picture. I tried the hot water trick and that straightened them out for a bit but they've started to curl again. I guess with time they will get better. It is very obvious that the stitches don't really slide along the needles but right now the excitement of knitting socks is enough to get over the hurdle. I'll have to see if I can find plastic needles in smaller sizes to try out as well.