02 May 2007

Heels turned

Since hubby drove to & from Orlando yesterday, I was able to turn the heels. woo-hoo! Unfortunately, I did the first one wrong and had to rip the whole thing out because I ended the heel flap (is this what its called?) on a purl row instead of a knit row. I wasn't sure where the error was so the whole thing came out. The second time I caught an error on the second to last row of the turning and was able to fix it. The yarn is holding up well to my frogging & re-knitting.

Here are my heels:



A profile shot:



You can really see the pattern across the top now:



Even hubby likes them. :-) He also said I should make him some house socks--hopefully those won't go the way of the sweaters...

I am very happy with these and am hoping that the yarn holds out for a knee-high sock. I'm thinking increases along the sides so that the lace pattern continues on the front and back. I should have time to work on these over the weekend.

3 comments:

Trillian42 said...

Those are looking awesome!

And J is succumbing to the call of the handknit sock, eh? He and Kris can compare them at the Fest. :D

Anonymous said...

They look great! Are you sure this is your first time knitting socks?

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's official ;)
I have the pattern, and today I have dyed yarn for your socks, now I have to find suitable set of dpns.

Are you excited? Would you like to have a peak?

Maybe someday, sometime.. :)

Have a nice week.

Yours, secret sockapalooza pal