23 January 2006

Yarn sales are my weakness

OK, so I had purchased two bags of the Elsebeth Lavold Silky Tweed (one in rust and the other in brown) at a major sale (50% off) at Stitch DC this past summer. However, I didn't know what I was going to do with them. They don't really go together so I wouldn't mix them for one project. I wanted to make a sweater for hubby with the brown only to realize that it wasn't enough yarn. DOH! By the time I called back, they didn't have any more in stock. I tried ebay, and looking at other online stores but the few people who still had it in stock were selling for full price. Now, it seems to me that the point of getting a great deal is not paying full price (plus shipping) so buying another 10 skeins to make the sweater at almost $8/sk is too much for me. I had almost given up when I realized that I could make a Picovoli tee from the rust color for me. (I might need to make some adjustments for the difference in yarn but it should work.) That still left the brown color for hubby. On a whim, I looked online again and found it on sale at Angelika's Yarn Store for a mere $5/sk. I'm hoping to make the Leo sweater for hubby. Woo-hoo!

The only potential glitch in all of this is that I seem to have given myself some sort of repetitive stress injury from all the knitting I've been doing on my Snowdrop Shawl (using Lorna's Laces Helen's Lace in Flames). At first it was just my right wrist (I'm a thrower), so I stopped for a few days and I started maneuvering the mouse with my left hand. That helped, so I went back to my knitting. Now, my right lat muscle (just under the shoulder blade) hurts and occasionally spasms after knitting for a while. How lame am I? I'm taking another few days off from knitting in the hopes of making this better. I'm thinking that after I finish the shawl, I will have to work on either learning to knit Continental or how to "pick" the yarn with my finger so I'm not moving my whole arm each time. (I wouldn't want to change now so that the tension in the shawl doesn't get all wonky.)

I'm slowly coming to terms with the madness that is the Blogger editor so I should be posting with more frequency in the future. Next time there will be pictures.

No comments: