02 January 2007

All about the dogs
**actually started this post before the new year but had not finished uploading all the photos until now
No knitting here, just lots of stuff about the dogs for now.

The drive to Jacksonville for Christmas was the first time we had packed up the car with our stuff and both dogs. (We have a Subaru Impreza sport wagon, which is about the size of a Toyota Matrix or Mazda 5.) For a while there, we were unsure that we would be able to pull it off since we have to pack Cam's crate. Although the crate folds down, it takes up over half the surface of the back. We put the crate down, put our bags all along the sides, covered the entire back with a moving blanket, and then put the dog bed on top. Now, normally, each dog has his/her own dog bed. However, these things are huge (we buy the ex-large kind) so they do actually fit on one. I figured, they would work it out and realize that they would not have the same personal space to which they have grown accustomed.

Luckily, it all worked out.


At my in-laws, we set up the crate and a makeshift dog bed out of pillows and a blanket. Of course, Miss Genny liked being in the crate since hers was still at home. The only doggie drama revolved around the crate and was resolved quickly.

Maybe if I walk in, she'll realize this is my crate and go away.


Hmm, why isn't she moving?


Fine, I'll just stay.


If I push just a little, I might be able to lay down.


Genny seems a little sad to be pushed out of the crate.


Finally, my crate to myself.

No comments: