14 May 2006

Happy Mother's Day!!

OK, not all of you are mothers in the traditional sense but there are many of us who spend a good part of our day caring for others and worrying about their futures. You too deserve some recognition and appreciation.

With the new dog (still just being called Candid), I have been spending a large chunk of my days monitoring the dogs. This means that my knitting progress has been..."glacial" I think would describe it well. As a treat to myself for taking care of the furkids and hubby, I'm taking the rest of the day to catch up on my projects. Hubby can take them for a walk later. For those of you who are interested, the furkids are learning to get along. There is only minimal growling when Genny feels that Candid is infringing on her space. I have been forcing them to share the back seat of the car when I take them with me to work. Although that can get hairy (either one of them could probably take up the better part of the back seat and Candid hasn't figured out that he should either sit or lay down while I'm driving), they are starting to work out how to be in such close proximity.

As I was reading up on my fave knitting blogs, I realized that I had been tagged by ChaCha. (Sorry to be slow on the uptake.) The LYS choices around here are sparse but I will do what I can. :-)

1)What's your favorite LYS? : Considering that the nearest LYS* to me specializes in selling Lion Brand and KnitPicks yarn, Stitch DC would still have to be my favorite LYS. (*That's right people, the LYS sells essentially the same yarns as what is available at the big box stores. As for the KnitPicks, that I could just order myself since she doesn't have the whole selection. Sadly, the chain stores have better selections of yarns and needles. I want to buy from her but she never has anything I want.)

2)What about it do you like most?: It has a nice selection, was easy to reach, and had really nice people. Even though they don't have online shopping, I have called in the past to get yarn and they have been great.

3)What is your 2nd favorite?
: Little Knits which is not local to me but I can't resist Sue's good deals and great customer service.

4)What would you improve about it to make it a tie with your first?
: Considering neither are local, that would easily make one of them my all-time #1.

5)What's the last thing your bought at your #1 LYS?
: I was lucky enough to squeeze in a trip to Stitch DC when we were in town a while ago. I bought some Kid Silk Haze and a special skein for the One Skein Secret Pal Exchange.

So, next time there should be some actual knitting content for the knitting blog. :-)

Enjoy your day!

No comments: